I am a lofts and condos realtor in Minneapolis, MN who "walks the talk" by living in a downtown condo. If you are considering relocating to the city from a more remote location, I can highly recommend it! Beginning to touch on all the pleasures of city life would be impossible in one article. However, here are the five aspects that impress me the most!
1. Riding Bike to Work There are few things as invigorating as a cool bike ride in the morning followed by a second set of fresh air when your work day is done. In Minneapolis, countless people do this all four seasons a year! Condominiums really cater to this! They are usually built very near the lattices of bicycle paths that intra-connect some of America's major cities, especially in Minneapolis, Seattle and Portland. If you purchase a parking stall along with your unit, it usually will include a private bike rack, making bike storage extra convenient.
2. Nightlife Enjoying city night life, even occasionally, is something that could benefit many American home owners. This includes people who work downtown. Downtown areas become a different universe at night, transformed by lights, live theatre and music, and all varieties of eating and drinking establishments. Living in the city can make them more meaningful. You feel less like a tourist, and more like a person experiencing a change of season.
Remember that there are a lot of options within urban condominium housing itself! Some homes are literally placed downtown, while others are in surrounding neighborhoods. If you prefer the more relaxed atmosphere of an adjoining neighborhood, the proximity gained will nevertheless make getting (and staying!) downtown a lot more realistic!
3. Sporting Events Condominiums are often located within walking distance to both professional and college-level sports stadiums. If you are a sports lover, you can walk to see your home team as others battle traffic lights and parking. Even if you are not a die-hard fan, you will love the transformation of nearby stadiums as crowds of pedestrians descend upon your sidewalks. In many urban neighborhoods, on non-game days these sidewalks are fairly quiet.
4. Developed and Eclectic Neighborhoods Neighborhoods within core cities often have strong identities that facilitate community. For example, the Prospect Park neighborhood in Minneapolis has an e-news distribution service run by retired volunteers. The newsfeed informs residents of arts and musical events, lost and found pets, garage sales, community organizing events and other classified advertisements. It publishes police reports so that residents can remain appropriately alert. The condominium option can allow homeowners entrance into "destination neighborhoods" when it would otherwise be impossible.
5. International Influences Any discussion of the best in urban life would be incomplete without a nod to the exciting influence of foreign-born citizens. Living in the urban core will bring you close to their contributions, from ethnic restaurants to bakeries to grocery stores. Indeed, many people believe that relationships and connections with immigrants can be more meaningful than tourist travels to other countries. From their role in our arts communities to the businesses they inspire-our immigrants create a level of cosmopolitanism in American cities unmatched anywhere in the world.
Urban REALTORÂ® Andy Asbury sellsÂ Mpls condos and educates home buyers about condo life online at www.minnesotaloftsandcondos.com now.Â The 730 Lofts in the North Loop offer new-home construction including rooftop access-all within a historic industrial center of the city.
It's been a long time since we have done a haul video on this channel! So here we go! I did some major shopping these past week from Urban Outfitters, Target, Brandy Melville, Asos, Misguided, and Anthropology. Haul videos are my favorite to watch so I hope you enjoy this!
Vlog channel: ashleynicholevlogs
Let's get this video to 10,000 Thumbs up!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @AshNichole_xo
Video Rating: / 5
Related Urban Outfitters Articles